Wednesday, November 30, 2011

28

28- I'M THANKFUL FOR: MY DAD:

My Dad holds a special place in my heart. As long as I can remember, he's always willing to help out in time of need. Even when he wants to talk your ear off, or disagrees with what I'm doing, or just plain in a bad mood, I still know how much he loves me.
Just these last couple weeks we have had a prob with our fridge. He was here for 4 days with J to figure out the problem. To no avail, we never did figure it out. But the fact that he was willing to spend so much of his time and eat dinner with us meant so much (but we finally replaced our kitchen faucet with his help) He's always doing these things...in our other house it was ripping apart the swamp cooler to replace all the individual parts cause it was cheaper, helping to install our water heater, fixing our furnace, and changing out the faucet seat in our bathtub. And all this he does for free!
My Dad is so handy and I know he can do just about anything. And if he can't, he spends hours of research to find the best possible solution. He's willing to play with the kids and talk with them. He feeds the kids ice which the kids love! He loves to go to lunch with me and just talk. When I have heard his testimony, I feel lucky to hear his passion for the Spirit and Gospel. He gives great hugs. He prays for all his kids. He never hangs up the phone until he says I Love You to me. And most of all, he has a great faith and willing to share it with me. I know he'd lay down his life for any of us and I am blessed he's a part of my life. I love him very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment