Thursday, November 24, 2011

24

24: I'M THANKFUL FOR: THANKSGIVING:

Today was not the most traditional of Thanksgiving but still I was able to reflect and help teach the kids all we have to be thankful for. J and my Dad had to work and my mom stayed home to finish cooking up her sides. So me and the kids set the table and cooked the turkey, sweet potatoes, gravy, and jello while watching my Packers go undefeated. FINALLY at 5pm, everyone showed up...and not too soon, because I was starving. So we all sat at the table and enjoyed everything (a couple times!) It was seriously the best it has ever tasted. I really was in heaven. After dinner J and my Dad cleaned up everything while me and my Mom talked. Then we ended the night eating pie and watching another football game. It was a relaxing day and I feel super fortunate to have my family and parents around to celebrate with.

3 comments:

  1. MMMMM, reading this just makes me want to eat Thanksgiving all over again. That's the problem with not eating at home on the holiday, there's no leftovers :( love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay ya know how when you write your comment you have to type the word in the box to publish it??!? Not even kidding my word was Thyness!!! isn't that funny? Oh if only I was thin after all that eating yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way too funny! I have tons of thyness! And yup gotta agree that I was pretty stoked about all our leftovers...and talking about it makes me want it right now :) Love ya friend and I am so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete