Saturday, November 3, 2012

New Hair

Yesterday was a fun day to spend with my Mom and the kiddos. J had to work all night till about midnight, so I decided to meet up with my Mom for some shopping at Sams. I needed to get Nacho Cheese for tomorrows Bday dinner with the Allen's.
After Sam's, I got some Little Caesar's for dinner and we ate at my Mom's. After we got done eating, I decided to have my Mom perm my hair. It's getting so long, and it's falling out all over the place. So I wanted a change. I knew my hair takes perms pretty well, so I bought the biggest rollers I could find.
While we were taking out my rollers, Kenna wanted to be right there in the kitchen watching us. She accidentally leaned on my Mom's stove which has push button burners. And yes, she hit them without knowing. When we were rinsing out my hair, we thought we smelt something. Yes, her stove cover started smoking. We hurried and took it off and thought nothing of it. Till her fire alarm went off and her alarm company called. She didn't know the password, so they had to call my Dad, who was still at work, to get it. Not to mention, about 10 minutes after that, the fire dept. rolled on by. Man, talk about drama. Sheesh! All in all, it worked out ok. But, I think now every kid under 4 has done the same thing!
After we were done my hair, I thought, "Hey, Ry's hair is pretty long and boring." So we decided to roll her hair and give her a perm. At first she was so excited to do something girly with me and Grandma.
But, by this time it was past 10pm, and she was exhausted. Those who know Ry, know she puts her self down for a nap almost every day. Well today, she decided she didn't want to nap. So when we were waiting for the perm to set, she was falling asleep. We didn't keep the solution on any longer and started to take out the rollers...she was not very happy doing that.

After we washed it out, we had to let the conditioner sit on her head for a few min. She seemed to perk up once she knew she was almost done.
Finally, it was time to rinse and be done. It didn't take very well, and probably because we didn't leave the solution on the whole time.

But this morning, I did a try out with her hair. It's not super curly, but I still think it's cute and different. Even with a little wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment