On Wednesday, we decided to decorate for Christmas for Family Night. The kiddos were so excited to set everything up. Though we have a lot of decor, I only set up about half. It was the funnest thing to do. We put on our Santa hats, Christmas bells, blasted the Christmas music, and set up the Christmas Village and Tree.
We usually do 2 trees: a fancy one for upstairs and a kids one downstairs. We opted for only 1 this year...the kid's tree. They had so much fun decorating it.
Even Kodes got in the spirit for her 1st Christmas. Mostly, because she wanted to eat the ornaments, but it was still cute.
J was really surprised that I just let the kids decorate how they wanted. Usually, I have it pretty organized. But I figured I'd let them do it their way...after all, it's their tree. Kenna was so fun, because just about every thing she put on the tree, ended up on the same branch. A few times, Rhett moved her things around. But I thought it was so cute, I had him keep one spot of her masterpiece!
I was very impressed with how well they decorated. There is nothing like turning out all the lights and staring at the tree...all lit up and decorated. It's one of my favorite things about the holidays.
I'm so excited for this Christmas and getting to spend it with my family, friends, and kiddos. I think as an adult, its the best to be able to see the holidays through your kids eyes. Merry Season to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment