Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To A Great Weekend

What a fun weekend we had. Started off on Friday. Mom and Dad came over to watch Rhett's soccer game. It was a late one at 7pm and boy it was quite cold. But the game was fun. Rhett's still a little squirrly playing, but he plays much better than 2 years ago and his coach is very good with him. He almost scored a goal again, but didn't kick it hard enough, so it was blocked. But kudos to him for kicking the ball down so close to the net. I was one proud mama. Mom and Dad liked watching him play as well (minus the part when he just had to run over to bring me a feather he found on the ground) but he's got a few other players on his team that really know their soccer skills so I am hoping when he's a year older like them, he'll pick up better. All in all he did really well, and his team won 2-0! Mom and Dad even wished it was a little longer cause it was fun watching his team play. After the game, we went over to Imperial Chinese...I needed Mom and Dad to try it. They liked it pretty well, though Mom said it wasn't spicy enough. And we tried their wontons....HEAVEN! Crab and cream cheese, sooo good. And they were huge! I was so glad they came out and Rhett really like having Grandma and Grandpa come to his game. He felt so proud of himself. And because he had a great week at school, when we got home, he earned his dollar!
On Saturday, we just hung around and cleaned the house. I went clean crazy in the basement for my ward girls night that night. It was my turn to host. So everyone met at our house at 7pm (7 women came this time) And we headed to Zupas for dinner. We were there till 9 and then came back to my house for movie/talk time. We started the movie at 10pm. But as women get together to talk and have fun, we kept pausing the movie to talk, and eat snacks, and talk some more. Needless to say, we stayed up till 3am and we only watched 39 minutes of the movie. We now need another night to watch it, but I am so glad we could bond and get to know eachother better. And it was a funny sight to see us 7 sitting in the back of church the next morning all looking like zombies! Totally worth it :)
On Sunday I took the kids to our ward. Rhett was able to pay his tithing and he felt like a big boy for shaking the bishop's hand. After our ward we left to go to Brett's missionary homecoming. We arrived a little early for their sacrament so Ry went to class there, again, and Rhett, Kenna, and I stayed in the hall to chat with Grandma and Grandpa Anderton. When it was time for sacrament meeting we all sat together. The kids were so excited to have great grandparents and Allen Grandma and Grandpa to sit with. Brett's talk was amazing. I cannot believe how much he's grown up and what a testimony he has. It was memorizing, especially when he bore his testimony in Polish. What an experience. I had to explain to Rhett about other languages you can learn on a mission and Rhett said he can't wait to go and learn and teach "the Jesus' people" I just love how the kids are learning. When church was all over, we went over to Uncle Phil and Aunt Lori's house for dinner. It was so nice to just hang out and chat and be able to catch up with the fam we don't get to see much. Thanks Uncle Phil and Aunt Lori for having us over. The kids were so good all day. 5 hours of church, and they were quiet the entire time. So well-behaved...I was so proud of them. We headed home to see Justin and get the kiddies to bed. It was such a fun weekend and I am glad I have such a good hubby to watch the kids while I "play" and great kids who are always game for whatever I have planned. I am a lucky girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment