Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Fun

It's been a very hot and dry summer so far. Most days we usually stay inside because it's so hot. A few weeks ago, though, we had a play date with my sisters and their kids.
We started the afternoon by going to free lunch at the school. When we got back to Dawn's house, I pumped while she got the big waterslide ready. The kids were in heaven. Too bad they're like $350+ to buy now (I should have bought one cheaper a few years ago when she did.)




While the kids played, us girls sat in the shade and talked. I have to say, I love talking to adults, especially my sisters.




After they were done with the water, some of the kids dried out by playing...

...while others were so tired they laid out in the sun.

After playing outside, we all came in. The kids watched a movie, while Dawn made us dinner...baked ziti. We decided to call it a night at 10pm.
On our drive home, Rhett was talking about laws and why we have them. He said, "I know we need laws, Mom, but not too many. If we have too many, we can't enjoy our freedom." I said, "Yes. That' true. Did you know they even pass silly ones?" He asked, "What kind of laws does the President pass that are silly?" I said, "Well, for one, in school lunch you can't have desserts anymore." Rhett said, "That is silly. I need my dessert! Doesn't he know that? We need our freedom, Mom. It's like they say, Let Freedom Ring."
I couldn't stop laughing. He really does understand life around him, smart boy. We continued our conversation with laws from other countries. Specifically, he wanted to know about India and China. I told him I didn't know much about those countries' laws and we'd have to look it up.
When we finally got home, the kiddos were so exhausted they went straight to bed and slept until 10am the next morning! Thank you sisters for a fun day and to Dawn for always hosting. We had the best time!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! I bet that was so fun especially with such hot weather there. Dawn always has such fun things. I found one of them on Craig's List but was still $200! I guess my kids aren't that lucky. Instead they get sprinklers and slip & slides. ha ha. Owell.

    ReplyDelete