EIGHTEEN: I'M THANKFUL FOR: Blogger/Blogging. Lately I have been thinking how I haven't written in my journal for a couple years and I started feeling very overwhelmed with needing to catch up. The more I thought about it, I realized that I do journal. I type everything on Blogger including pictures. Not only have I been keeping up, but I am able to let my fam and friends keep up with me. Now I just need to print all the pages, and put them in my journal.
NINETEEN: I'M THANKFUL FOR: My senses. I am incredibly lucky to be able to see, hear, smell, taste, and touch. I've come across a few people that don't always have the luxury of all 5, so I am grateful I do.
TWENTY: I'M THANKFUL FOR: Shoes. Knowing how many people in different countries and even here in America can go barefoot thru cold or rainy weather, sometimes snow, trying to find food across mountains and rough terrain, or just walking across dirty floors; I feel lucky to be able to afford shoes for me and everyone in my family. Especially when we have so many stores and finding the right deal comes so much easier to us.
TWENTY-ONE: I'M THANKFUL FOR: Food. We had a talk in church about how many people in the world go without food and can go their whole life without one square meal and even die of starvation. How lucky it is that food is so abundant here...whether it be shopping at the grocery store, having back up storage, hunting, bishop's storehouse, family or neighbors who help us out, or the food banks; we have so much available and as many of you who see me...I love my food!
TWENTY-TWO: I'M THANKFUL FOR: Garages. Being by myself and having come home from church on Sunday in the blizzard and trying to pack 3 kids in and out of the car with my quiet bag, diaper bag, and teaching bag, I was so grateful to be able to pull in and shut the door behind me and unpack everyone and everything without having to deal with the elements. The same goes during a downpour and trying to unload all the groceries, having a place to play games, or just keeping our cars safe I feel so thankful for having a garage.
TWENTY-THREE: I'M THANKFUL FOR: Teachers and Schools. I have always hoped for good education for my kids since I was taught so well. Seeing my kids grow up and learn so much from their teachers who are more than willing to teach at a school so close to home, makes me so happy. Rhett has learned so much these past 3 months and it goes to the help of his teacher. He has learned to read books by himself and even write letters (which he loves to do) He even just wrote a letter to Jesus and Heavenly Father and I could totally understand what he wrote all by himself. Ry has even learned in her preschool which I was leery she would. She knows her ABC's, days of the week, pledge of allegiance, and how to spell her name. And as I am a teacher to the CTR 6 class at church, I feel so lucky to be able to teach these young kiddies about the gospel. I just taught them a lesson on the 2nd coming and it was amazing how much I could feel the spirit through a lesson meant for 6 and 7 yr olds. How lucky we are to have schools and churches so accessible to us for the teaching and learning of our youth.
No comments:
Post a Comment