We went to our baby appt today and everything looks wonderful and she's progressing normally. Our other kiddos are happy and healthy. I have a wonderful husband who helps out whenever I need and works himself ragged to support us. I have wonderful friends and family who love us. We have a home we are able to provide shelter to our family. We have food on the table and clothes on our back.
These last couple of months have been quite tough with me losing my job and no one wanting to hire me as I have applied for over 60 jobs in the last few months. It seems to have hit harder through the holidays. I would love to give my kiddos anything they want. But through it all and without trying to worry the kids too much, we told them it would be a tight time for all of us especially during Christmas. Rhett was so sweet and offered us all his money in his piggy bank; we politely declined and told him to save it. And on Christmas day when there weren't many presents under the tree, they never once complained or whined about not having more. They were so thrilled by what they did get.
But as I took a step back today and saw all we have to be thankful for, it made me feel very humbled and grateful to start a new year feeling this way. We have had a few people who have helped us out tremendously and I hope they know how much we are thankful for their support through our hard time. I know everyone goes through these times and we will prevail. But it makes me marvel at the spirit of Christmas so many around us have had.
So again thank you to our family, close friends, a secret Santa who brought a little gift to each of my kiddos, and our "caring friends," you'll never know how much we love and appreciate all you've done for us. I just can't wait until we are in the position to be able to pay it forward to someone else in need.
That was a beautiful post! Love you my dear sweet friend! xoxo!!!!
ReplyDeleteI this post too. :) This is the first year Nate and I have gotten gifts for each other in a few years cause we just couldn't afford it, I have been grateful to have little kids who don't know the difference between a tiny Christmas and a big one yet. :) It does make you start thinking of what else you can give that doesn't have a price tag on it. Sometimes you have to take things away to see it for what it is, like the real spirit of CHristmas. You have such a great attitude and have the cutest family!!
ReplyDeleteI love your humble and sweet spirit Dalynne. It truly shines forth and helps others, so technically you are paying it forward. You are such good parents to your kids and it truly shows. That's the TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS that they don't care about what's under the tree. What a wonderful family you have. You know that they're gonna grow up so thankful and appreciative. It's not great when kids get tons and tons of presents because it doesn't seem that they appreciate it as much. Thank you for always caring and loving our family. The spirit of Christmas is amazing isn't it? :)
ReplyDelete