Rhett started school a week ago on August 22. He has really loved being back with his friends, taking the bus, and being able to learn some new things. His teachers are really cute. On their first day they gave each kid some gourmet apple-flavored popcorn with the attached note "Look who 'popped' into 2nd grade. We know it will be an 'apple-lutely' fantastic year." So creative. He also has a few friends from 1st grade in his class again, one friend from our ward who transferred in, and his "girlfriend" Greta.
Also a week ago was my last day of work because I got laid off. It came a couple months early which was a bit of a shock it happened so fast. Cons: no wages, no get-away to work, not seeing my friend. Pros: spending every night with kiddos, helping kiddos with homework, family dinners, no more late late nights, no more expensive gas trips to SLC 4 nights a week, not as much wear and tear on my car, no more nascar driving into work, no more crazy holiday schedules, more time to get my schoolwork done, more time with friends, more time to skype and play mariokart with family back east, less stress for J and his crazy work schedule... I am sure there are more I could think of, but making a list sure helps to show that the pros far outweigh the cons. I know its a blessing in disguise, but I am still getting used to the idea of not going into work everynight.
Also this past week the kiddos started soccer and summer decided to stay with a vengeance. It has been a hot week and I am sure ready for some cooler weather. But depsite being hot and sweaty, Rhett enjoys it much more than Ry does. He really gets the concept and is much more confident when playing; which is due to lots of practice and a good coach. I was really glad to be off work because I was able to be there every night....another pro!
I think your pros WAY out-do your cons of working. Sure money is always an issue, but you'll adjust I'm sure and Heavenly Father will bless you for making the sacrifice.
ReplyDelete