My heart has been so full lately watching and listening to my sweet little kiddos. I have been fortunate to spend all summer with them. I wanted to share some of whats been going on with them lately, especially some candid things they've said.
Rhett has been growing like a weed. He keeps outgrowing everything I buy him and constantly says how hungry he is. I can only imagine how much he'll eat as a teenager. He has lost 4 teeth this summer, grown 2 sizes in shoes, and grew 1 inch. He'll be baptized and enter scouts in 3 months. He starts 2nd grade in one week. He has been keeping up with his art projects and kept a summer journal. Its just so much to process just how fast kids can grow. Some fun things he has mentioned and done lately...
He flexed his arms the other night after helping me carry groceries inside. He says "Mom feel my muscle." So I did. He then goes, "See. I am so much stronger and bigger since last time. All cause I eat my veggies."
Yesterday after church we walked inside and he said, "Mom I cant wait to watch the little girls. But I can only do it when I'm a young adult. Like in my teens."
When Rhett goes to bed he likes to give goodnight loves to everyone in the family. Sometimes Kenna and Ry are in bed before he says goodnight. So he'll go to the outside of their closed doors and blow kisses at them. Then he'll hug himself, as if he's hugging the girls, and blow the hug at the door.
It just amazes me how much Rhett really observes everything around him. He truly is such a little smarty-pants and I am super proud of him.
Miss Ry, has kept me on my toes for sure. She is just naive to the world which has its pros and cons. She just had her check-up and school immunization (a few months behind) The dr. says she is really petite; so good thing her bday is the middle of the year so she wont look so small.
Height: 40 inches (29%)
Weight: 34.2 pounds (26%)
She is doing really well on cognitive goals. I am so proud that she has loved learning. She still loves her babies, barbies, setting up picnics all over the house, playing restaurant, singing along with songs on movies (especially Tangled) and being my little Mommy. In fact she loves Tangled so much, she refuses to let me cut her hair because she wants to be like Repunzel. Her supply of phrases and sentences never cease to amaze me and crack me up. Some few things lately: she calls headaches...head-ups, ponytails...ponyhair, and granola bars...icka bars.
Following Rhett's comment on how strong his muscles are, Ry couldnt be outdone. So she flexes her biceps and says "Mom, don't forget about my muckles! I eat my veggies too!"
A couple nights ago we played The Quiet Game in the car with the other kids. Last night I was coming home from my mom's with just me and Ry. As we are driving home she says, "Mom, I want to play the quiet game." I told her its only you in the car. She then replies, "Well yeah. This way I'll win!" She just has the best personality and you can't help but love and adore her!
As for Kenna, she's been so fun...for the most part. She's getting too independent which makes me super sad cause she's always been my cuddler; Though, I have been enjoying all she's learning. She too just had her check-up and immunizations (also a few months behind)
Height: 32.5 inches (36%)
Weight: 25.2 pounds (42%)
Head: 18.25 inches (28%)
According the the dr, she is growing and learning right on track. Lately her favorite thing is reading books. She just LOVES to point at things and squeal as she says what everything is. Its the best jumbled gibberish ever! Her fave things right now to say: car, horse, kitty, dog, moon, boat, Pascal (from Tangled) and Mickey. Her fave movie right now is Tangled as well. Everytime it comes on (especially when the Disney castle and fireworks are on screen) she just gets so excited and yells Mickey!
She loves to be a little Mommy too. Whenever I yell downstairs to the other kids for anything, she goes to the top of the stairs and yells "Rhett. Nee-Nee," until they come up. Its so adorable.
A couple clips of Kenna watching Tangled
I love them! Like I told u the other night, you sure make cute kids!!
ReplyDeleteWAHOO!! I figured out what I was doing wrong and why I couldn't leave comments on some blogs. You're stuck with me now!! I LOVE this post, and you are going to love it even more a year from now. I was looking back through mine, and I'm so happy that I had blogged about certain things. It really is my journal. I have got to get it printed off and in a book.
ReplyDelete