Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Birthday Celebrations

Today was my birthday and what a great day it has been.
J was able to get the day off, so as I slept in, he got the kiddos off the school. I then awoke to the wonderful aroma of Breakfast in Bed.
We spent the rest of the day. just being lazy and relaxing while watching our DVR shows. At 5pm, Mom came over to babysit the kiddos so J could take me out to dinner. We went to Outback Steakhouse, because we had a gift card. I can't remember the last time we had a long, quiet meal without kiddos. As much as I love them, I really enjoyed our alone time together. We sat there and talked for 2 hours! It felt like we were dating again. He bought me Scrabble Flash and got our waitress to bring me a free sundae for dessert. He and the waitress even sang to me...I know he was probably embarrassed, but I thought it was incredibly sweet!
We decided we needed to get back home so Mom could get home. When I walked in, I was taken back by another surprise from my good friend Annie...accompanied with homemade mini doughnuts.
Kenna even got all dressed up because she wanted to look pretty like Mommy...Melt my heart!
I was getting the kiddos into bed, and cleaning up the downstairs when I hear J calling my name to get upstairs. I told him, "One Minute. I'm just cleaning up first." He was so insistent, that he came downstairs and told me he needed me. I thought it odd, and hurried upstairs. To be welcomed with the best friends a girl could have...Liz, Mikaela, Annie, and Allison. They were kidnapping me to take me for dessert. So we went to Chili's for some yummy chips and salsa and Paradise Pie...mmmm!!!! They even got me a cute gift of movie gift cards, jolly ranchers, and candy bars. I have to say, this birthday was an amazing one. Thank you to my sweet family and friends for making it so memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment