Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Expert???....Yup!

Well I had to do a shout-out post about my wonderful hubby. I am so in awe how good at his job he is. Most people may think working in produce is easy...putting out new fruits and veggies and keeping it full. So not true, at least not at Harmons and not when my hubby is in charge. They pride themselves in being the best and freshest produce around. Not to mention the classes, certifications, rotating the food, handling the bills and budget of the department, managing the employees of the department, working long hours with no overtime pay, inventory once a month, studying and knowing about each product he carries in his department, knowing better basics of food and how to keep them sanitary and safe...the list is sooo long.
One of the things J gets to participate in every year is the avocado contest where he gets to be creative in designing a display to showcase them for Super Bowl season.

The potato display contest is a national contest for all the grocery stores in America. I am so happy to announce that for 3 years in a row, J is the only one in all the Harmons stores to get an award...Honorable Mention, in which they only award 100, in the whole nation! He won $100 and bragging rights. Yes, I think that's quite the feat.
*Mater, from Cars*


Another service Harmons offers in the summer is...

...and J is in the top 3 sellers in all the stores!

This year is Harmons 80th Birthday celebration!

In honor of the special year, each employee had the opportunity to certify to be an "expert." They had to take special classes and test about each department in the store. If they passed, they were able get a certificate and shirt. Alot of employees didn't try, and some didn't pass. And yes, I'm happy to say my hubby is one smart cookie!


So yes, I did a brag session because J never would. But as you can see, there is so much that goes into being a Produce Manager at Harmons. To him it's not just a job; J puts so much effort to not only provide for his family, but to know the ins and out, the behind the scenes, to be the best, and put pride in his job. He's so good at it and I'm SOOO proud of him. Love you babe!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment