They started in the meeting room to learn about fire safety and then the kiddos answered questions to see how much they knew. Ry said she was brilliant!
After the "seminar" on fire safety, they were all taken on tour around the fire station. They saw their bedrooms, kitchen, gym, hang-out area, the room that stores their uniforms, the pole they slide down, and then the trucks and ambulances.
*Fun Fact* Did you know there is a difference between a fire truck and a fire engine? A fire truck houses the ladder and no water, and a fire engine houses the water and no ladder. I had no idea!
They even had one fireman dress in all their gear to show the kiddos how much they have to wear during a fire. They even timed him...under 1 min to get everything on.
Then they gave all the kiddos a fire hat and sticker! Ry thought she was so cool to be an honorary firefighter!
Time for a class photo (and a few younger siblings joined in) with the firemen.
Ry and Mabel (our neighbor and Ry's good friend)
What a fun field trip. Rylee is such a pretty little girl and so smart.
ReplyDeleteLove firestation field trips!! I always have, I'm weird huh? :) I love the pic of Ry and her little fireman hat. The one with Ry and Mable is super cute too!
ReplyDelete