Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Burial At Sea

I didn't take any pics for this post cause I thought it'd be too morbid and sadly I didn't have any from before.
So, we have had Froggy for about 4 years I think it was. He was always a good frog...an african-dwarf frog. The kiddos loved him. And of course I loved him cause he was the easiest pet we've had; no hair, no cleaning up poop, no training, an easy container/home to clean, only ate once a day, super quiet. Whenever we'd go on a vacay, it was easy to get someone to watch him cause he's easy to care for.
I woke up to his aquarium being on the loveseat. I asked Ry why it was there and not on the counter where he usually is. She said she was babysitting. Well I didn't think anything of it and put him back on the counter. Later when J got home from work, he came to look at Froggy. He noticed him just floating on the top of the water-which isn't too weird because it was one of his fave things. But this time, it meant the worst. He wasn't moving, and when we tapped him (usually he'd swim to the bottom) he just continued floating. So J rounded up the kiddos and gave him a proper burial at sea. It was a good run for a frog, guess they usually last only a year or two (so I've been told). So looks as though it's time to get a new one...

2 comments:

  1. :( so sorry about your frog! Remember how I ALWAYS thought the frog was dead every time I was at your house? Maybe you guys need to get a puppy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Froggy died!!! I just saw him on Friday! Sad, sad, sad. I guess no more frogsitting for us!

    ReplyDelete