Saturday, May 21, 2011

Easter Trails

Easter weekend was a busy and packed time. The Saturday before I did the first lawn mow of the season. It took about 2 1/2 hours cause the grass was so long and wet. After I mowed the lawn I came in to make dinner, boil eggs, make jiggler eggs for dinner the next day, and start the dough for the cookies. The kiddos had a lot of fun making sure the Easter bunny didn't feel left out, by making him cookies and leaving them out like Santa. (unfortunately, the cookies were horrible and I had to throw the 8 lb. mess in the garbage) Then we dyed eggs and got ready for bed.
On Sunday we got up super early for church and the kiddos got dressed in their pretty dresses and tie. They looked so cute. Too bad everyone's kids at church were fed candy before, cause Primary was insane! After a hectic church block, we came home and the kiddos found their Easter baskets and played with their new toys. When J got home from work, we went up to Aaron and Cystal's for dinner and the annual candy hunt. I have to say for their dinner idea, a crockpot potluck which I thought would turn out a little weird, it was soooo good! I brought spicy chicken w/ rice, Aaron had a roast w/ veggies, Kyle brought ham and funeral potatoes, Mom brought yummy rolls and ice cream cones, and Dawn brought a delicious eclair cake. We had our "hunt" with the picking of toys after which, of course, was mayhem. Even though it's so hard not having the whole family here for holidays, all in all the day was great and we had a lot of fun.

Making cookies for the Easter Bunny




Coloring the eggs



The kiddos finally found their baskets




Dinner and "hunt" at Aaron and Crystal's





2 comments:

  1. First: I love your Western Family shirt! LOL
    Second: Rhett's hair is so cool!
    Third: Your little girls are so freakin cute in their dresses
    Fourth: I'm glad Easter was fun, but I sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First: yes I found that deep in my dresser so I felt it was time to air it out.
    Second: Rhett's hair was sooo long, all it ever did was fro. It's cut now, and he's also missing his front tooth.
    Third: Thanks, the girls just love dressing up and spinning in those. I am glad they turned out so well.
    Fourth: We totally miss you too. It's just never a complete and fun holiday without everyone there.
    Love yall very much :)

    ReplyDelete