We got the call while we were in St. George. Apparently the frame had come completely detached and it would cost too much to realign it, over $5500. So the insurance company declared it a total loss. I know it sounds stupid to be so sad over a car. But it really was a great car. For being so old, it hardly had any problems. We just barely had to put in a new battery. And we kept her in the garage so the paint looked like new. It seems so dumb we didn't get more from the insurance company. Allstate bases its prices on market research rather than book values...LAME! So we had to collect all our belongings, and sign the title over to Allstate. (I did remember to get all my keys this time)
Now we are on the hunt. We have found a few cars, but I'm being told I may be a little too picky. But when you've had such a good car mechanically as well as aesthetically, you want to replace it with the same or better. It's becoming quite the challenge, but I know we will....eventually.
SO so sad. We have very fun memories in that car. I remember mom and dad even let Manda take it to a dance when it was very new. Hope you can find a car soon. Let us know if we can help in any way.
ReplyDelete