Monday, August 30, 2010

Rain Out

So I love the rain, but I don't like it when it messes up plans. We were going to go on a hike but its raining and lightning which is not suitable weather for hiking with a toddler and a baby. Also Rhett's soccer game got cancelled. Oh well, I am enjoying the cooler weather....68 degrees, St. George can't beat that!

The first week of school was so good. Rhett's teacher has a good discipline set in place. If they get in trouble they have to pull a card. They only get 4 chances a day. If they don't pull a card, they get a ticket. They also get tickets for good behavior towards others, helping out, or whatever warrants one. Rhett earned 6 tickets last week. When he gets enought, he can buy something out of the ticket chest. We are also helping to give incentive to Rhett to be good in school. For every week he goes without pulling a card, he gets $1.00 on Friday. He can save his money to buy whatever he wants. Of course he said he wants to buy a Star Wars lego set. It's $40.00, so we might have to help him out at the end of the year. He had such a hard year last year so I am glad these are set in place. It's been nice to see him so excited to have good behavior at school. And he thinks he's so rich to earn "paper money" as he calls it.

Rhett also had his back-to-school night last Thursday. Since I was working Justin took all the kids. He lucked out and got a parking space across the street. It was a packed school. But Rhett was so excited to show off his class, projects, and desk. His teacher said that he works really hard and he loves to please her by doing everything she asks and uses such good manners. Don't mean to brag, but it feels good to have our child acting so polite towards others and to be praised by the teacher. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Well in one week, Ry will start preschool. She is so excited to go to her "own school" with her backpack. I know I will be very sad. It's hard to let your kids grow up and do things on their own. But she needs the interaction. And I know she will just love it!

2 comments:

  1. That's too funny about "paper money" Maybe Aunt Mandee & Uncle Craig's birthday gift will help him to buy that Lego Star Wars. Yes, I'm pitful and already got all the birthday gifts for Oct & Nov. Love that you update your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing my best, but I think J is getting mad at how much time I spend blogging. I can honestly say I never thought I would be a blogger. I always made fun of bloggers. Oh well, I like that it can keep you updated. I know Rhett would love some "paper money" from yall. He seriously is on cloud nine all day when he gets it!

    ReplyDelete