
Lately Ry has been obsessed with Jesus. She's always drawing pictures of Him and her together. Always asking when she can see Jesus again, (sometimes that scares me when she says she wants to see Him again right now) She loves to say her prayers because she's always wanting to "talk" to Him. I tell her that's why we pray so we can talk to Him. Then she gets frustrated because He doesn't "talk" loud back... Oh the innocence.
Ry had to give a talk on Sunday about how good it is we have agency and can choose for ourselves. We decided to use this picture of Jesus to go along with her talk. While we were waiting for her turn to get up and talk, she was just studying this pic. I asked her if she liked it? Of course she said Yes! .
As she looked at the picture, she noticed all the angels around Him. She asked, "Are those angels?" I replied, "Yes." So she asked, "Will I be an angel too when I go back to Heaven?" I again replied, "Yes." Then she asked, "Well, then I need to get some angel clothes. Will Jesus have my angel clothes?" I chuckled, "Yes." Then she asked, "Will I get those sandals too like the angels? I will need them to walk on the clouds." I just smiled and said, "Yes, I hope so!" Finally right before she walks up, she says, "I hope Jesus doesn't forget about my horn. I need one of those too!"
This little girl sure knows how to tug my heart strings. I've never seen a girl be so attached to Jesus and cry when she starts to miss Him. It makes me super happy that she loves Him that much and I hope she'll always keep that spirit. I know it was a big eye-opener for me to get back to being that close also.
Thank heavens for little kids to help us along the way!
You could seriously write a children's book with that sweet story!!! DO IT!! :) This post made my heart happy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to start my day :D Thank you Dalynne for making a perfect little girl. It's true that kids are closer than we think. Love you guys
ReplyDelete